Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, 30 March 2009

First day = disaster

Got a phone call around 4pm to say Kyle had vomited everywhere, was running a temp of almost 38C and was very upset. I jumped into the car and got there as soon as I could. Called the doctor and took him down for a quick check up. Temp was 37.5 by then. Doctor thought it could be a viral infection or teething, or some combination of both. Poor wee soul was inconsolable, heard him the minute they opened the door for me at the nursery and my heart broke. 

When we got home I gave him a big dose of infant paracetamol, as much dinner as he would take (which was almost all of it surprisingly) and lots of nice cool water. I stripped him off for a bit and let him sleep on me until his daddy got home. Did manage to get him into his bath, which he enjoyed in a kind of lethargic fashion. He passed out after 2oz of his bottle, so put him to bed around 7.30pm. He's just woken up again, wouldn't take any paracetamol but John did manage to get some bonjela in there - hopefully that will help him settle and he will get a decent sleep. 

Not the first full day I had hoped for him, now feeling even more guilty about having to go back to work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment