Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, 9 June 2010

Tantrums, tears & 'terrible twos'

Well our baby is growing up more and more. We know this because if he wasn't already stubborn enough, he's digging his heels right in now.

I arrived at nursery yesterday and got an incident form as he had bitten one of the staff! Mortified is not the word. Had a chat with the staff and he had been in time-out when it happened. We had words with him last night and I had a quick chat with him this morning before he went into nursery. Hoping that when I go to pick him up tonight that he will have had a better day.

Tantrums which have been fairly sparse up until now, seem to be the order of the day. Any time where Kyle can't get to do what he wants, he throws a massive wobbly. Sadly for him this means a trip to time-out. He's very keen on testing every boundary and trying to see what reactions he gets.

This all sounds fairly negative at the moment, but when he's not being stubborn or living up to the 'terrible twos' label he's a very sweet boy. His speech is progressing very well, he's eating well and he has quite the sense of humour. Some new words at the moment are: fantastic, spaceship, pirate, washing machine, cooking, sad - I'm sure there are many more but can't remember them all just now.

He's starting singing a lot too, he loves singing See Saw Marjorie Daw which apparently goes "see saw marjorie daw, johnny maisy mouse". He likes singing Incy Wincy Spider, Baa Baa Black Sheep and Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. Not all of the words are right, but they are very funny and sweet versions. So far he's been very camera shy about his singing, hopefully I can catch him for posterity.

No comments:

Post a Comment