Always having been quite the talker it comes as no surprise to learn that Kyle's speech is still developing at a rapid pace. This month we've seen the arrival of "why?" being asked at every opportunity and loads of other questions - I'm finding it very entertaining and it shows just how much he's understanding about the world around him. New words include: recognise, telescope, tortilla, understand, snakeses(!), pay, money, swimming pool, enormous - and no doubt lots of others which I can't quite remember.
He's eating quite well at the moment and has become quite the carnivore. It's nice to see him getting protein from something other than dairy products! He particularly enjoys chicken and sausages.
We're still getting some misbehaviour from Kyle at nursery, sometimes he isn't very nice to his friends or the ladies that work there. We're trying our best with putting toys away in a cupboard when he has hurt someone so he learns there is a consequence, but if he gets a sticker/stamp for good behaviour he gets to take something back out of the cupboard. We're trying our best with timeouts too, Kyle is definitely a typical toddler with a strong personality who is really doing his best to test out boundaries! I'm sure this will pass and at least 99% of the time he is a delight.
Talking of him being a delight, he is incredibly affectionate. We get lots of "kissy cuddles" and he enjoys telling us (and others!) that he loves them. He is a sweet boy.
We've not cracked potty training yet - he just doesn't seem that interested or ready. However, it looks like I am going to finish up on maternity leave in July, so I'm hoping to give the training a big push before baby arrives!

No comments:
Post a Comment