Kyle is still working on the two teeth I could see in his gums a few weeks ago! They have been really bothering him for the last few days. I'm hoping they hurry up and come through for him, as it's not nice to see him in pain. Teething powders, bonjela and paracetamol have been life savers as usual.
He's had a runny nose and a bit of a cough for the last few days too - suspect it's a combination of germs from nursery and teething. It's put him off his food a bit, though I've been trying to get him to munch on as much as he will tolerate. He is gaining a bit of weight which is good. I've been trying to get him to drink some cow's milk to see what he thinks of it, as we're hoping to move him away from formula gradually as his main drink. He likes it and will happily take it ice cold from the fridge. I'm sure that it's because it feels quite nice on those sore gums!
Words are progressing apace! Kyle has "daddy" mastered and has now managed "duck" a few times. He has said "mummy" very clearly just once, however, that was while I was cleaning his face (aka torture) and this was shouted at full volume in a very annoyed manner! It was very cute and amusing. He's working on copying lots of sounds, more and more of his chatter sounds word-like.
Standing independently is getting better, he's doing it for longer and longer. His main problem is actually standing still long enough to practice. It's far more fun to be running (yes running!) with his toddle truck or walking along the furniture disturbingly quickly. He has worked out how to turn the toddle truck, he doesn't always manage to move it all the way around by himself, but it's clear he's worked out the whole concept.
He can climb the whole flight of stairs. Though from time to time he will just turn around and grab on to me, as though to say "I've had enough now, you carry me up the rest".
No word yet from the paediatrician, hoping that comes soon. However, we have had Kyle's appointment for his next immunisations. Not looking forward to that!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment